Thursday, May 20, 2010

Creative Inspirations Paints- Go 3-D

For our Creative Inspirations challenge this week, our challenge was 3-D. I took the opportunity to make my first ever easel card!ShellySchmidtMay08FCDCI3DcloseupIMG_0640
I had a heck of a time getting a good photo due to all of the shimmer on the card. The flowers are painted with Light Purple Creative Inspirations Paints. Other colors used: the tray-Coal, The wine/champaign glasses-W1 Copic with Angel Dust CI paint, The wine bottle is Green Olive and Buttercup CI paint- I left the label blank for the time being-but will fill it in with initials before giving it away.
ShellySchmidtMay08FCDCIeasel
The purple circle is a piece of Spray starch and Pearl-ex cut out with the Cuttlebug (see- never throw away your scraps!).  The stamps are Firecracker Designs by Pamela

ShellySchmidtMay08easelsideviewIMG_0637
My nephew just got engaged- this little box has 4 little drawers (made with the SU matchbox die) - I am going to work on finding trinkets or a poem I can wrap up for :
Something Old
Something New
Something Borrowed
Something Blue!
You can view other DT samples for this challenge (all in one place)  HERE
Have a great day!
Shelly

21 comments:

jimlynn said...

Shelly...this is STUNNING! I can just image all the shine on it - This is just SO lovely. I know your nephew and his bride will love this. Amazing!
Lynn

Lisa Somerville said...

What a great 3D project, I'm sure they'll just love it!

Cindy said...

Beautiful card Shelly!! Sorry I haven't visited for so long!! Busy,busy!!!

Conley Family said...

WOW! Amazing! What a great gift!

Laura said...

WOW!this so beautiful.Your nephew is going to love it.

Kassi said...

I love it! what a cute way to use the matchboxes!

Ashley Newell said...

This is fabulous! What a thoughtful gift!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

That turned out great!

paige said...

an amazing project!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Amazing job Shelley!!! Very pretty easel card, I hope to make one some time, they look so neat!

Donna Moore said...

Shelly girl, this is an awesome easel card!! Love your design and gorgeous colors!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow Shelly this is gorgeous! I wish I could see it in person, you did a great job with the 4 drawer box, aren't they fun?!

Creative Inspirations said...

This is absolutely stunning. Love the idea of the box with the drawers in it. How cool!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is amazing!!!

Karli said...

Nothing short of awesome! What a fantastic project- I'm sure they'll love it :) Hugs!

CarlaKH said...

how pretty! I love it!

Carrie said...

what a lovely lovely box. Great project Shelly.

Denise Hill said...

This is so beautiful. I love the little boxes in the base. Fabulous!

Anne said...

This is amazing! What a great project and gift

Tami said...

You are braver than me. I really like these little box cards:)

Patty Gorka said...

They are going to love this! What a wonderful and creative idea!