Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tuesday Throwdown- Get Well

The challenge at Tuesday Throwdown  for this week is Get Well.


 This Week's Sponsor is: Karleigh Sue Digis who gave the DT images to create with. I used the image called Love Sick Nurse. I think the guys will like having pain if she is their nurse : )

 I colored with a very subtle blue on her dress for shading. and added skin tones and hair coloring and viola- done.  I added a sentiment from Create with TLC.  I do not know who makes these papers- they are in a stash pile of 6x6 DP's. 

 The Sketch is from Digi Sketch Challenge and it really helped me put this card together- plus they also have a plus- bows and buttons, so I added those as well! I used colors so I could send this to a guy- who is having some health issues and his wife will laugh I think...... 

 I thought I'd share a picture of you of how nurses brainstorm when they need a vase and cannot fine one:
Of course, the urinal was not used before the tulips were added...... : )

Thanks for stopping by!
 Shelly

15 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Really stunning card Shelly!! Love your beautiful design!! Thanks for the fun photo! LOL!! :)

jimlynn said...

Shelly, that image is so cute and I love your card! Yep, Jim would have loved to have had this cute little gal when he was in the hospital recently. He probably wouldn't have even minded that shot she's getting ready to give either! Great card and fantastic paper.
LOVE the tulip vase! LOL!
Lynn

Karli said...

Oh my word- that pic made me giggle :)
Great card as always
Hugs~

kiwimeskreations said...

Awesome card Shelly - and the not so subtle humour. The Tuli[ vase is great :-).
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Schensted said...

Cute card! And that vase is cracking me up!

- Lisa from SCS

Lisa said...

Heehee, I love that "vase" ;) Your card is so beautiful!! I love the design and all of the details!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

Wonderful card...and an interesting vase :) Made me LOL.

NanaConnie said...

Love what you did with the sketch, Shelly, and all the layers. I even managed to get another card done for the challenge this week. I guess I got encouraged by being one of the Top 3 last week. :-D

Irish Cherokee said...

Excellent card. Love the image except for the syringe. As for the makeshift vase......Creative. LOL.

Hugs and Blessings
Jim

Unknown said...

what a sexy card!! lol, you're right the guys would love it! Great job on the card!

Leanne said...

Fabulous card! I was smiling while reading your post esp the vase because I'm a nurse. :)

Donna K said...

You got it all just right with this one, Shelly! Such a fun cute card and fun pic! Hope your weekend is GREAT! hugs...Donna K

Penny said...

First of all, hilarious vase! Love it! :^)
Your card is too cute! Fab image & coloring, love the sentiment & design! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

This is just gorgeous thank you for joining us at Digi sketch challenge
Michelle DT

wannabcre8tive said...

I love this sweet little nursy. She is very cute. I love the flowers in the urinal. Very creative.