Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Technique Junkies ATC swap

The Technique Junkies  Yahoo Group still exists- we have a group of ladies that does an ATC swap every 2 months. The only requirement is that we use a technique from any TJ newsletter or CD.


 This is called depressed stains- the embossing is flattened down after it is highlighted- I have been wanting to give this technique a go.  The image is Technique Junkies.

And, these are the ATC's  received back:

 Lt Marilyn Hughes- Technique Strips
Rt- Mitzi -Twinkling Watercolors

 Lt: Beth Cutwright- Washi Herringbone
Rt: Holly Brown Watercolor Reinker

Lt: Julie Garlit- Patchwork
Priscilla LaBranche- Chalk Lines

 and the cat/screen open shows the TJ technique

 I am still MIA a bit- My Mom is still here with me- we are both doing Physical Therapy and that takes up a bit of time. She will be heading to my sisters home 9/16, and then..... I will be getting ready for my son's wedding in Colorado the beginning of October : )

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

10 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Very creative! I love the encouraging quote with the giraffes.

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the colors and the depressed stain technique!! The giraffes are so darn cute!! Love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lynn McAuley said...

Your giraffes look awesome! What a sensational technique!! And what a delightful batch of ATCs you received in return!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous ATC you made Shelly, and the rest are all wonderful too - love that cat one!!
Blessings
Maxine

*Vicki* said...

Really awesome ATC design Shelly!! Love the look of your technique! You've gotten some really cool ones back I see!! :) So fun!!

Barb said...

Very Cute--love the image and the layout!

Katydid Cards said...

These are all so adorable. I never got into making ATCs. This makes me want to start.

Margaret said...

This is so adorable. I have never heard of this technique, so I may have to give it a go. I have some old TJ newsletters which I should break out and use.

Leanne said...

Lovely ATC's. Thanks for your visit to my blog. I'm feeling better today. All the best in the wedding preparations.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a great group of ATC's. Love how you framed your giraffes, which is one of my favourite stamps. The embossing folder is perfect for your giraffes.