Sunday, August 27, 2017

CYS- No Designer Paper

This month for the Challenge Your Stash theme this month was given to us by Darlene, and she chose the there to use NO Designer/Patterned Paper.


 I covered watercolor paper with Distress inks in purple and yellow.  Next, I spritzed a stencil and laid it down on the paper (wet side down).  The water reacts with the inks and makes this cool pattern. Once dry, I stamped and embossed the butterfly.  I added sequins for a nice final touch.

The CYS group can be located here.  List mom Barb had the brilliant idea- lets use our stash items- with a monthly theme, I am sure finding no shortage of items to use in my creative space for this challenge...!!! Even those in the 'get rid of' pile....... HERE is a link to all of the August cards the group members posted for this challenge.

Challenges:
Outlawz CAS Sunday- Butterflies
Moving along with the times- Starts with a "B"

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

9 comments:

Dawn Frost said...

Gorgeous background!

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly, this is gorgeous. Great background and embossing. I know what you mean about the stash, hehe.

Donna said...

Shelly, what a gorgeous background! I ma going to have to try this out. Beautiful card and I love the sparkle of the sequins. Distress inks are so fun to play with and I love your color combo. Have a great week. We are off on vacation. Tom says I need to get away from the grand babies for a while and Mom and Dad need to learn to do it on their own. Guess they are going to get a crash course. LOL!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Shelly
What a brilliant background. Who needs designer papers eh?
Thanks for joining in at MAWTT.
Best wishes.
Ang

Kim P said...

I absolutely love how you made the background. I may have to try that soon! Pretty card!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Very creative! I love this idea. Beautiful card Shelly

Leanne said...

Beautiful card! Love the background.
Hope all is well with you.
Hugs,
Leanne

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! You've created a beautiful card with your own background. Lovely!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a gorgeous background you have created for this wonderful zentangle butterfly!!